Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hey runnin' crew!

So I went to bed last night excited about Tuesday's run and the possibility of raising more money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.  I woke up to almost $900 in donations raised!!  As of tonight we've raised $920 for ovarian cancer research!!  I almost fell over when I saw that number.  And while we're on the subject of awesome news, I have recruited two more people to run this race with me!!  My good friend (and bridesmaid!!) Emily and her boyfriend Craig will be running their very first marathons on March 16!  Emily was also a co-worker of Lizbeth at North Point High School and according to her, Lizbeth has her to run her very first marathon (*Em is a XC coach at North Point and ran XC in college.  She's run a lot of races but this will be her first 26.2!!).

I have to say I'm not at ALL surprised that so many people have come forward to show their support for Lizbeth in this way.  I can't overlook all of those that show their support in other ways, though.  By sending a text, a phone call, an email, a Facebook message, a card, a package or even a visit to Lizbeth, you are showing her how much you love her.  That's what matters.  Please keep it up!!

I went for a short run today.  I used to really dread/fear/dislike training for races.  I would use it as a way to stay in shape, stay occupied, stay sane, but every time I'd go out for a run, it was always with a sense of hesitation and resentment.  I just didn't really want to do it.

Since I started this adventure (less than a week ago!!), I've met each day of training with joy, love, hope, and even excitement.  This has all been possible because of Lizbeth.

It might seem like I am doing this for her, but in reality, she's doing much more for me.  Somehow, someone who is facing something that most people would be devastated and defeated by is living each day with positivity and love.  If that's not inspirational...

So am I allowed to be cranky in the morning when I'm tired and have to go to work?  Sure.  But does that feeling last very long?  Absolutely not.  I just think of Lizbeth and how lucky I am to have her as an inspiration.  I have always admired her for absolutely not giving a sh*t (excuse my language, but you know it's true :) ) about what anyone else thinks.  That is one of many lessons I have learned from her that I am still striving to bring to my daily life.  I can't wait 'til I can live that philosophy as well as she does.    

Liz's latest word of the day on her blog was "superb."  That pretty much encompasses what kind of person she is, and what kind of person we all strive to be.  Have a superb night!
Peace and Love,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment